Friday, May 04, 2018

That's a wrap

Eighteen years ago, when I had Rebecca, I thought, I had all kinds of time. Like 18 years’ worth of time. And I thought those 18 years would take 18 years. But they actually took, like, 18 seconds. Because I swear to you, yesterday I had that child and today she’s graduating from high school.

What. The. Heck.

Rebecca is my last one to graduate. The Duffy Homeschool is done. If you had told me five years ago that this day would come, I wouldn’t have believed you. I mean, I would have believed you in theory; but as we slogged through math and science and spelling and writing, I would have assured you we’d never finish.

And yet, here we are. Done.

The girl is graduating.

Amy Grant wrote Missing You when one of her sister’s kids left for college. It 100% describes my feelings about this day:

Your smile lights up a room like a candle in the dark
It warms me through and through
And I guess that I had dreamed we would never be apart
But that dream did not come true

And missing you is just a part of living
And missing you feels like a way of life
I'm living out the life that I've been given
But baby I still wish you were mine

I am thrilled to have a front row seat to her life. I can’t wait to see all she’ll do and be. But dang I’m going to miss her.

Rebecca Hope, we love you so much! You are a gift from God and our family wouldn’t be the same without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!