Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hair, part 2

Okay, I let it go a week too long. Now I'm able to pull it back into a half-ponytail. It actually looks pretty good today and I didn't even really "do" it.

Argh.

The real problem is I can see gray when it's pulled back and that won't do. So I'm going to make an appointment to color the gray. I tried doing it at home but it came out looking weird. And I'm vain enough to pay big bucks to get the gray covered and highlights put in. Which is pretty funny because I'm so cheap in every other area of my life.

But the problem comes when I go for the color appointment. She'll ask, "So, what are we doing today?" And I'll think, "Well, let's let it grow out a bit. Maybe just trim the bangs." But what I'll say is, "Cut it off!" Because by the time I get to the salon I will be going crazy with it in my eyes and I will have lost all patience with it and I won't care if I ever have sexy hair. Ever.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I always have short hair.

And now I'm pretty disgusted with myself because there are children starving in Africa and people who've never heard about Jesus and I'm going on and on about my hair.

Balance. Somewhere there is balance in life. If you know where it is please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!