Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The "S" Word

I hopped on the internet a few minutes ago and checked out the forecast for the rest of the week. For the first time this fall I saw the “S” word, and some pretty low numbers. I thought it was the low temperature and I would have been okay with that, but it was the high … It really is going to get cold up here. We’ve had pretty mild weather so far and I think I was getting lulled into believing I wasn’t really going to have to layer my clothes.

When I told the kids we might see a few flakes tomorrow they asked if I would let them have the day off from school. Perhaps I should explain the concept of “homeschool” to them again.

The temps for the next few days are supposed to be in the 40s and 50s, so the snow, if it does come, won’t last. Not this time, anyway.

If it does snow I’m sure we’ll be out there acting like fools who’ve never seen snow before. My concern is the novelty will wear off in 20 minutes and we’ll have five more months to go. This is certainly going to be an interesting season for us.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    This one made me laugh. I saw the title and thought, "oh my gosh, what's she writing about now?"

    Love you,

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!