Tuesday, November 14, 2006

SORP

It's a big day in Lansing. Sean's plant, LDT, is celebrating SORP - Start of Regular Production - today. So instead of the 30 CUVs (crossover utitility vehicles) a week they've been building, today they build 130. This is what all that hard work and long hours have been leading up to, and I, for one, am thrilled. Now when someone asks me what Sean does I can finally say, "He builds cars." That's about the only aspect of his very confusing and involved job that I understand.

Sean's had the GMC version, the Acadia, home for a few weeks now and I am in love with it! We drove it to Chicago this past weekend and it was great. There is lots of room for the kids, it’s easy to get in and out of, there's tons of luggage space, and it gets better gas mileage than my Trailblazer for sure. I can't wait to get one of my own.

If you're so inclined, please say a prayer that all systems run well and they don't experience any breakdowns. And please pray that someone in GM's marketing department wakes up and actually develops a decent ad campaign for these CUVs. Now that would be a major miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!