Saturday, March 24, 2007

It Feels Like Spring ... Today

It's beginning to feel a bit like spring up here. We actually have the windows open this afternoon, and just a few minutes ago I was enjoying a light, cool breeze as I ironed the pile of Sean's shirts I haven't touched in weeks. I hate ironing, but that lovely zephyr made it almost enjoyable. (Not enjoyable enough for me to finish the basket… it’s still overflowing. I’ll get to it, I’ll get to it!)

It’s a partly sunny 63 degrees right now, and the forecast for tomorrow is similar. But Monday looks downright summer-ish (it will feel like summer after the temperatures we’ve been experiencing). The Weather Channel is calling for a high near 73! Holy cow, we’ll be in short sleeve shirts and capris, sandals will appear where snow boots once were, and the icy white skin that hasn’t seen sun in over six months will blind everyone within a three-block radius. But enough about me… I know the kids will want to break out the summer gear, but the problem is the forecast for Tuesday is a rainy 67, and then Wednesday is back down to 50. The rest of the week goes downhill from there, ending up in the 40s by next weekend, with possible snow showers on Sunday.

The saying in Michigan is so true: If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute. It’ll change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!