Friday, March 28, 2008

Can you spell "Overwhelmed"?

So this is what happens when the laundry is ignored for two weeks...



We spent last week in Chicago with my parents, and this week my sister and her family were here visiting. I haven't set foot in the laundry room since Saturday, March 15. And the main reason I'm in there now is that I ran out of undies this morning...

Holy cow, I have a lot of clothes to wash. And this daunting chore has led me to praise God for his abundant provision of clothing. Not quite as splendid as the lilies of the field, but we get by.

I might as well be doing laundry; it snowed three inches last night and I sure as heck don't want to be outside.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Honestly, this is when you load all of your laundry and children into the car and head to the laundry mat for a field trip. You can load about 10 washers (or 3 triple loads)at one time and in less than 2 hours your entire laundry problem is solved. Take a few good books or homework along to pass the time more quickly. Besides, you'll meet some very interesting people...maybe even your "Waffle House" waitress!! Have fun! Love, Corby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:03 PM

    I have 2 very different comments. (1) Teach your kids to do some laundry (not yours, just jeans, t-shirts and towels). (2) You have too many clothes! Every 4th day in my house, someone runs out of jeans and we are forced to do a load of laundry. This way, you never get 2 weeks behind :-) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!