Friday, March 14, 2008

Get Over It!

I am so over myself. So. Over.

After writing my last post I haven’t been able to stop thinking that the person who wrote that is not the person I want to be. How often to I preach to my kids, “What’s inside matters most!”? I really believe that for them. Yesterday made me realize I don’t believe it for me. So today I am resolved to mean it for me, too.

Am I where I want to be? Nope. Am I doing something about it? Yep. Is it happening at light speed like I wish? Double nope. Will it happen eventually? If I keep doing what I’m doing, I certainly hope so.

And if not?

I’m not sure how to answer that. But it doesn’t matter today, because today I’m doing what I can. Tomorrow? Who knows. I’m not opposed to making plans but “the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry,” as Burns put it.

Perhaps a better quote is this: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!