Monday, March 10, 2008

New Design

As you can see (I hope!) my blog has a new design, thanks to Nikki from Blogs for a Cause. She helped me pick a background and a new picture and she put the whole thing together. I was hoping I could figure out how to update it myself but Nikki said the knowledge of Photoshop and Photobucket is needed, so you’re going to be looking at this design for a while…

I found out about Nikki’s design service by looking at a blog from a childhood friend who is chronicling her attempt to adopt a baby from Guatemala. I have a friend here who returned a week ago from Guatemala with the second son she’s adopted from the Central American country. Guatemala is not an adoption-friendly country; both these friends have had great difficulty in getting their adoptions processed. The court system is painstakingly slow and is only prodded along by a few greenbacks. Everyone seems to have lost sight of the babies who are languishing away… Any time I hear people complain about our country I want to scream, “Then go to Guatemala!”

Anyway… pray for my friend Kim and her Guatemalan boys who are now here, and please pray for Megan, who is still desperately trying to bring her baby girl home. And as I pray, it will serve me well to remember this verse: "If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Yes, of course we noticed! It's also good to see your face among the photos now! Blog on, my friend.

    /tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Gorgeomous! Great pics - Talk to you soon! MG

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!