Monday, July 21, 2008

Wicked Good Fun

We saw Wicked last night with our friends Jill and Randy and their two girls. I was afraid I’d oversold it – even after a gazillion listens I am still mesmerized by the music and I tend to gush just a bit when talking about the musical. So when Jill and Randy both said they enjoyed it I was thrilled.

We ran into friends of Amy’s there so that was fun for my little social butterfly. I love the friend’s mom who is just so darn cool. Turns out MG and her clan were parked right by us so we all walked out together.

Without realizing it, we’d parked just steps away from the stage door. We were separated from the door by fencing that surrounded the parking deck but we had a clear view of the doorway so when Cliffton Hall (Fiyero) and DeeDee Magno Hall (Nessarose) stepped out you would have thought we’d all lost our minds. We’re clapping and yelling and whistling; I had major flashbacks to the 80’s and all the Amy Grant concerts I went to.

They were talking with someone on the other side of the fence but when they finished their conversation they walked over to us and gave the best high fives they could through the chain link fence. I was excited because Hall is my all-time favorite Fiyero and I adore his wife Magno Hall as Nessarose. And there’s just something sweet about them performing together.

We waited around to see if anyone else from the cast might walk through the door but no one did. I did not care one little bit; I got to see Fiyero up close. And besides, now I know where the stage door is so when Amy and I go back next week we’ll know where to park…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!