Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What is this feeling?

I stepped out of the shower this morning, dried off but felt damp immediately. Then I heard the weather report: steamy, humid, high of 94. Oh yes, I remember this... and I remember I do not like it!

It's been a scorcher of a week here in aptly nicknamed Hotlanta. The three H's - hazy, hot, humid - have reared their ugly heads and we have felt them all. Even with the air conditioner running full bore it's still warm. And I've been edgy. I forgot how much I hated the heat. I mean, I remember not leaving my house from April - September and I remember standing in front of the window A/C unit we installed in my bathroom praying for coolness and I remember wilting just stepping from the car to go anywhere, but remembering and actually feeling it again are two different things.

I cussed like a sailor when I lived here (okay, probably not like a sailor but a lot for a girl raised in the genteel South). Between the traffic and the heat I think I know why.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to redirect you to this post some balmy day in January when I am out playing tennis! A few steamy days in August are well worth the Fall that runs until after Christmas and the Spring that starts the first week of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take three months of miserable cold over five months of hot, hazy and humid! (But a reminder of this in mid-February would be helpful, I'm sure!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!