Monday, January 05, 2009

Rest for the anxious

I’m not much of a worrier. I’ve got a lot of other problems; worry usually isn’t one of them. But today my worry-meter is getting a good work-out. Why? Because the kids are flying home by themselves.

I grew up flying (my father flew for Delta for 30 years) so I do not get nervous when I fly. Besides, the times my family would fly and we’d hit turbulence and I’d get shaky my father would remind me flying was the safest mode of transportation. It’s one thing for me to believe that when I’m the one flying. But when I’m the one waiting and my kids are in the sky without me…

Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

I know God’s heard my request – I’ve been pleading with Him since last night for the safe return of my little ones. If you’re so inclined I’d welcome your prayers, too.

3 comments:

  1. Christy,

    I prayed for your kids last night and will continue today.
    Trusting God for their safe return,
    Traci H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you!
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!