Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fun

We've only got a few days left of our visit home. This is a happy/sad prospect for me. Obviously I'm sad to leave family and friends but I am so, so happy to be leaving the heat and humidity. I have a whole new appreciation for Lansing's mild summers. Of course, I'll forget that when I'm trudging through snow during the endless gray months of February and March...

Classic Brian Regan - this exactly what cooking is like in my kitchen. I can never find the right measuring cup:




I found this on passiveagressive.com - a very funny (although sometimes crude) website that features passive-aggressive notes/signs/memos. I thought this one was particularly humorous...



A few political cartoons:


And last but not least, a picture that fully encapsulates why I'm scared to death to go in the ocean, courtesy of FailBlog:


Dang, now I can't even look at my own blog...

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. We miss you!! It is going to be in the high 60's today......I am still loving it!!
    Thanks for the Brian Regan clip, he is sooooo funny!! I'm off to see if the cook fairies put an omlet in my oven for me....
    :)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci - While I'm sad to leave these friends I should have mentioned I'm glad to be getting back to my new ones! Can't wait for Tuesday!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Christy - I can't even stand it when minnows are in the water near me. You know, because they might touch me. If I see a few in the water, I'm ok, but once there gets to be too many, I have to get out. They just make me squirm. John always teases and says, "It's not like they're going to eat your toes or anything."
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chef Cookaloni2:46 PM

    I guess it depends on which variety of minnows... http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-07-24-pedicures_n.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cooking video and your blog. Glad to have found it. Come visit me. I have a hodge podge over at my place.

    Sharks are very scary. This seals it for me too, no ocean water for this wimpy girl.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!