Thursday, December 17, 2009

So tired...

We are beat. Completely exhausted. I feel muscles I didn't even know I had. But it's such a good tired.

The skiing today (Wednesday) was fabulous. A little more cloud cover and more wind, but certainly manageable. We covered a lot more ground and I was so pleased that I remembered how to ski! I just wish my kids could have seen me so they'd know Mom's good at one sport. It was hard to believe I hadn't schussed down the slopes in 17 years.

A few pictures tonight and full-blown report will follow next week. But tonight I've got to head to bed so I'm ready for our 7 am drive to the airport where we'll catch our plane from DEN to DTW and, Lord willing, get to give our kiddos great, big hugs. It's fun to get away but it's always good to get back to their beautiful faces.


Heading down for run #2 of the day.


We looked like we knew what we were doing!

4 comments:

  1. You guys look awesome, but where is your hat and scarf girl?? :) So glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I guess skiing for you is like riding a bike for most of us. Did you find the humor in that at all?

    I wish I could have seen you on the slopes. I thought I was literally going to die before I got to the bottom of the slope my first time skiing.

    Good for you for getting away!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be weird to see blue skies and sun...

    glad you guys are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci - it was too hot for a hat! I wore one on Tuesday but went for simple ear covers on Wednesday. Thanks for your concern!

    Hope - I would love to see you ski! I bet you did better than you think.

    Carissa - I can handle cold and snow with sunshine! It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!