Monday, February 22, 2010

One more Olympic week

I am in an Olympics-induced stupor. I love watching all the events but man, I have to get to bed earlier. Good thing the Games are only on one more week.

The skiing competitions are my favs to watch. After our successful ski trip last December I can’t help but think how fun it would be to try to ski down the Olympic slopes. The kids keep asking me if I could do the downhill races – of course I could. I’d just be a lot slower. And by a lot I mean I’d hit the slopes like molasses on a cold day. Although secretly I think, “Maybe more like syrup.”

My mom is here for the next few days so I had her bring up the picture of me, Sean and Michael at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics that she's had on her fridge since it was taken:


We were sitting in Centennial Olympic Park, and honey, you have no idea how hot it was. I am impressed, however, that the way I’m sitting masks my ginormously pregnant tummy. Amy was born three weeks after this picture was taken, which was a week past my due date. We look very patriotic, don't we? Love the gigantic scrunchy in my hair... I think that may have been the last time I ever wore shorts.

Tonight’s events include curling, ski jumping and more ice skating. A friend recently said he didn’t think ice skating should be considered a sport because athletes wear uniforms, not costumes. Have to admit Dr. Nick, you have a point. And Michael completely agrees.

Go USA!

6 comments:

  1. Who let Little Man grow up, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my is Michael cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean - last night did you hear him say, "Only two years left at home?" You need to let him know that comment is not okay!

    Heidi - he was adorable! (I'd say he still is but he's not wild about me saying that anymore.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy bleep! You're 8+ months pregnant in that photo?? No matter how you're posing, that's amazing!

    As for Michael being cute, it's a matter of who says it - girls his age, you can bet that's fine with him. Moms - well, that's different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NftP - I found another shot from that day that shows me in all my 8+ pregnant glory, but amazingly that one didn't make it on the scanner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all looked too cute for words in that photo!

    "...last time I ever wore shorts." I was thinking the other day: What in the world am I going to do when capris go out of style? I cannot abide the thought of wearing shorts again. I hope knee-length garments of some sort ALWAYS stay in style. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!