Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Sean remembers his mom not letting him and his sister play outside between 12 - 3 on Good Friday.  They had to be inside, quiet.  I think that was a great way to teach them the solemnity of the day that its name belies.

No typical Friday Funnies today, although I have to admit I laughed a bit when I saw Michael W. Smith's jacket.  That fashion statement didn't really stand the test of time. I also giggled at the red-shirt guy's dance during the bridge...



Praise the Lord it truly is a Good Friday!

6 comments:

  1. (mumble....love the jacket...love the 80's. /mumble)... Great video! The only thing i laughed at was the disappear-in-a-puff-of-smoke thing at the end! Nice find!

    Blessed Good Friday to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked Michael W. Smith - I love his voice. The 80s were something else though. Goodness. The dancers in the background: priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NftP - you're nostalgic for the pleistocene; I'm nostalgic for the 80's! I love, love, love the 80's. Blessed Good Friday to you as well.

    Stephanie - I love MWS, too. The background dancers had my whole family (especially Michael, as you can imagine) cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sean's mother's Good Friday concept intriges me. Does he have brothers? How old was he when he remembers doing (well, not doing) that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eighties!? Yes, I too remember them, My daughters introduced me to MWSmith. And since that ime I have continued to enjoy his music and heart!
    This work is a great reminder of the celebration of Easter!
    Thanks... one of those daughters, often know as "my ELDEST"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina - Sean has a sister and he said his mom required this for all Good Fridays.

    Nanny - you've been to a few concerts like this. Thanks for taking me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!