Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Proof I did it!

Here we are at 6:30 in the hotel lobby.  That smile on my face is hiding the fact that I was fairly certain I was going to throw up.  And yes, Michael's gotten incredibly tall.  Although he does look unusually tall in this one. He'll love it.



Kathy, Amy, me and Michael before the race.  I kept my New Year's resolution by wearing fun silver earrings.  I was hoping they would offset my old, paint-stained sweatshirt.




There were a lot of people.  A. Lot.  A whole big bunch of people.  Which was kind of nice because as we stood in that group waiting for the start it didn't feel quite as cold.



Sean looking for us.



The top 5K runners - this picture is the only glimpse I got of them.



Michael and Kathy waving.  Amy and I are in there somewhere.




We made it!  Notice Michael and Kathy are not sweating.  Amy wasn't either.



Me with Carolyn, Kathy and Hope - three wonderful, supportive friends.  We'll be dear friends forever because we know way too much about each other!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these super pictures!...and those pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on this accomplishment! I think it's so neat that you could run with your kids. love the pictures
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! I would totally be intimidated too with a crowd that large. LOVE YOUR BIB NUMBER!!! 313 is my birthday! Check out my post back in March about Master the Met, I had 313 as my bib number and totally freaked out about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! Congrats :-)

    P.S. Southern girls don't sweat, we "glow". LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!