Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy birthday Friday

Today's my Dad's birthday.  This year is also the 30th anniversary of the release of the movie Airplane.  I remember watching it with him and laughing more at how much he laughed at the movie than the movie itself.  Of course, I didn't get all the jokes then... Sean got to experience Dad watching Airplane when we were dating; it was on TV and Dad laughed as much then as he did the first time he saw it.  It's still one of our favorite memories of my Dad.  He has a great laugh - it's nearly impossible to hear him laugh and not join in.

So, in honor of Dad, a pilot who flew for Delta for 30 years, here are some favorite clips from Airplane:



The pilots' names are Roger, Clarence Oveur and Victor:





And my favorite character from Airplane, Johnny:



Happy birthday, Dad!


_________________

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and happy Friday to your Poppa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 PM

    Is it scary that I knew most of those word for word?! I love that movie!! Amy K.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!