Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The things we do for our friends...

My good friend Mary Grace has started a women's group, LEGIT Women. It's a place for Christian women to come together for fellowship*, be an encouragement to one another, and challenge each other in their daily walk with God.  This month's meeting is this Thursday, May 19 from 7-9 p.m. And I'm going to be the speaker.

From Mary Grace: Please join us to hear Christy speak on how she began this wonderful  blog that we all enjoy reading so much!  If you can make it Thursday, just go to the event page and RSVP. It’s an open group, so if there’s anyone else you’d like to invite just direct them to the RSVP page as well.  You will find everything there (address, etc.). We are so excited for Thursday night!

I am posting this for Mary Grace, because I believe in what she's doing, even if her choice of speakers is questionable. I will be talking a bit about blogging but will focus on some of the incidents that have happened as a result of a few posts and how the Lord has used those events in my life. 

If you have some time Thursday and would like to join us, please check out the information on the RSVP link. I'll be sliding in after a soccer game so I'm pretty sure my hair will be wet and my clothes soaked. Because that's what happened at the last soccer game. That first game with beautiful weather was a total tease.

*I was going to say hang out, but I'm not sure I can get away with "hang out" at 41. Pretty sure that phrase is over for me.

4 comments:

  1. That is so great! I wish I could be there to hear you speak. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:05 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me think of my soccer-related safety message from years ago . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!