Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Batch Writing

Ever heard of the website Stuff Christians Like? It was started by Jon Acuff, who has been able to quit his day job and work on writing full-time. He recently started a new blog about writing and social media and his posts have been encouraging and challenging. 

Last week I watched a vlog he posted back in March about a new way to write – batch writing. You write several posts one day a week, then sit with them, edit them, and post them one at a time. It’s a great idea, one I’ve never thought of, but an idea I wish I’d run with last week. Because this week is insanely busy. I've had precious little time to think, much less write. As a matter of fact, it’s 1:08 am Wednesday morning as I type this, and I have to be up in 5 ½ hours. But this is honestly the first time I’ve had to write today. Or yesterday(?).

If I’d worked on that batch approach I could be asleep right now… 

Michael told me he posts a video on his blog when he doesn't have anything written; sounds like a decent approach to me.  So to prime the pump for Friday Fun, here's a little Kathleen Madigan (the line about Detroit was hilarious):



(If you write a blog, or are interested in starting one, I highly recommend Acuff's new blog. Really great material and incredibly easy to read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!