Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

We had a group of college students over for dinner Monday night. Someone mentioned she loved Justin Bieber. I had to admit I had no idea if I’d ever heard any of his songs. Then someone else started talking about Friends. And I said, “Oh, that was on when I was in college.” They all stared at me until my husband said, “I think you’re thinking of Cheers, honey.”

It’s well into October, which means we’re seven weeks into our school year and I still don’t feel like we’re in a groove. I’ll probably have a handle on things just in time for summer break.

I had sushi for lunch yesterday. The table was set with chopsticks and I figured I should try to use them. I do not know how to use chopsticks, so I’m pretty sure I’ve found a great new diet plan. Between the raw fish and my inability to get any food into my mouth, I'm fairly certain I will reach my goal weight in a few weeks.

I’m really excited about the three plays our kids are in this year: 101 Dalmatians, Anne of Green Gables and The Wizard of Oz. I’ve seen the movie of the first two, but I have never made it all the way through The Wizard of Oz movie. Those monkeys freak me out.

When we were in London, we got to see the new The Wizard of Oz musical produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber. As you can imagine, it was fabulous. Michael Crawford (the original Phantom) was the wizard. His voice is beyond amazing.





Michael is Uncle Henry in our Oz show.  I listened in to the part of rehearsal last week where Miss Gulch wants Toto destroyed. I had no idea Uncle Henry is the one who took Toto from Dorothy and gave him to Miss Gulch (the musical we saw didn't include this part).

I think we should re-write the script. I don’t want my son giving poor little Toto to that mean witch of a lady. And I'm not sure I can keep from booing him.

1 comment:

  1. I can teach you to use chop sticks if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!