Monday, November 07, 2011

Divorces and pancakes and cars, oh my!

If there were aliens living on the Pluto they’d have heard about Kim Kardashian’s divorce by now. Who’s surprised?  Actually, I am. I thought she’d try to make it look realistic since she got all that money and all those gifts. Couldn’t she have gone at least a year?

Their honeymoon phase must have been over by the time they boarded their plane TO their honeymoon.

Heck, Sean and I have had bad spells that lasted longer than 72 days. Of course, they didn’t happen in the first year of our marriage, so I suppose we had a slight advantage on Kim.

Oh, and we actually thought, “Till death do us part,” meant one of us had to die before we weren’t married any more.

Moving right along... here's another fun subject: mammograms. As in, I’m having my first mammogram tomorrow.

Tata Nano
I told the kids I was going to write a play-by-play of the procedure and post it on Wednesday because honestly, thinking about writing about the tatas getting smooshed is the only thing that’s keeping me sane right now.

They are disturbed by that prospect.

Of course, they’re disturbed by a lot of stuff. I’m sure they’ll be disturbed that I used the word tatas.

Did you know Tata is the name of an Indian car company? I really think they should have poured a little more money into R&D. I mean, I know it’s the last name of someone, but really?

I’m sure Michael won’t even mind the mammogram conversation since I ended on cars.


8 comments:

  1. I still mind. Nice try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mammogram day! It's not so bad. There's an absurdity to it that I hope will strike you in the middle of the experience... Because, for all my appreciation for the technology and for all my respect for the lives that it has saved... there is still the act of taking one's tata (as you so eloquently put it) and having it squished as though we were in some way making a tortilla or pasta. This is accomplished, of course, while one stands in their socks (don't. forget. your. socks.) in a paper or cloth robe in the middle of a room filled with tata squishing machinery. And oh! the joy of seeing the technician scurry away from the radiation that ensues while you stand, clamped into said machine... the joy! the dignity!

    You write about your mammogram and I'll write about my colonoscopy...

    Sending love and good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael - sorry, dear. You may want to avoid Wednesday's post.

    Termione - thanks so much for the information about the socks! I had no idea. Are you getting a colonoscopy anytime soon? The good news about that is they do sedate you. Too bad there aren't drugs involved in a mammogram...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amity2:29 PM

    I'm disturbed you used the word tatas.

    Anyway, dude, you're gonna be fine. I had one a year or two ago. They've made progress in booby-squooshing technology. It really wasn't that bad.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Duffy family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's even worse R&D - Nova, as in the Chevy, means no go in Spanish. It could even be translated "it doesn't go."
    tata for now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amity - You are NOT disturbed I used that word. I'm sure you enjoyed it. And thanks for the encouragement.

    Elizabeth Joy - the fam loves you, too!

    BCB - I did not know that about the Nova - thanks for bringing it to my attention. Now I have another car fact that's come from a mammogram post; I'm sure Michael will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The comments are making me smile as much as the post did. Thanks everyone.

    And good luck tomorrow Christy. Thanks for forging the way ahead for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!