Monday, April 01, 2013

Bosch is the boss

File this under, “First World Problems,” but I was without a dishwasher for six weeks. Six weeks is a long time to wash dishes by hand after being used to, well, not washing dishes by hand. But I should have been used to it, because before the dishwasher finally went kaput, I was having to hand wash each dish that came out of the dishwasher even after it ran on heavy with high heat.

It was annoying to say the least.

I couldn’t help but think of my college roommate’s mom, who never had a dishwasher. I think she finally got one a few years ago, but for the entire time she was raising children, she washed each and every dish by hand. She deserves a medal.

Sean researched dishwashers (fun way to spend a weekend) and bought one without me even looking at it. He asked, "Don't you want to see the choices?" Nope. All I said was, “I want a dishwasher that actually cleans the dishes.” I didn’t care about delay start or pot scrubber or anything except the dishes getting clean.

When the appliance man came to install the new washer, he said Sean made a good choice. LG and Samsung, he said, were the worst dishwashers out there. “We call them M&Ms – money makers! We make tons of money fixing them,” he said with a laugh.
 
Guess what dishwasher he pulled out of my house? Samsung. Guess what dishwasher I had before buying the Samsung? LG.

So here’s my unsolicited and unsponsored ad for Bosch dishwashers: they are fabulous! The one I have actually washes the dishes no matter how much stuff is left on them. I can’t tell you how exciting it is to pull the dishes out of the washer after a cycle has been run to find them actually clean.

Novel idea – clean dishes coming out of a dishwasher.

Again, totally a first world problem, but since my readership is mainly in the first world, I thought I’d let y’all know if you need a dishwasher, you need a Bosch.

And Bosch, if you’re looking for a spokesperson, sign me up!



3 comments:

  1. This makes the dishwasher purchaser very happy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean - you are the ultimate dishwasher-purchaser. Thanks, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you what was in our house when we bought it, but the new-dishwasher-installer described it as "a garden hose waving around inside a box." Yep, glad I got a new one, too (altho' it's not a Bosch). :-) Wash on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!