Monday, March 10, 2014

Postcard Encouragement

Despite the two days of nearly 40° weather, there is still snow on the ground. I can see some tufts of grass peeking through, but snow-covered definitely still describes the landscape. And while I know in my head that winter can’t last forever, my heart tells me the snow will never melt and I am destined to live in a Narnia-state of frozenness forever.

But in my mailbox last week, I found a reminder of spring that made my head tell my heart to stuff it: a gorgeous picture of two beautiful pink flowers, sent by a dear friend who knew I’d reached a breaking point with the white stuff:

She reminded me that winter is only a season and that the hope of spring is real. Winter won’t last forever. Spring will come.

It was a good and needed reminder.

Thanks, Denise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!