Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Random Thoughts

Ah, September. The start of another school year. Routine, how I love you! 

Until about November. Then I don't want you to tell me what to do any more.

Who am I kidding? I'll barely make it through October...

We have two kids in college this year. Good night. How did that happen?

Amy was able to come home for Labor Day weekend which may not have been a good thing. She’d only been gone a week and I had barely come to terms with the fact that I only needed to set three place settings for dinner.

Michael wasn’t able to leave campus for the long weekend – he’s an RA and was on duty. Thankfully, their schools are only 45 minutes apart so Michael drove over to see us last night when we dropped Amy off after the long weekend.

When Amy was home we heard all about the first week. She tested out of her piano class – yay! Her math class is not very challenging – yay! Well, yay for me. She and Sean are not amused. They went on and on about how easy it was. I could barely follow what they were talking about.

In that first week, she had two recitals and two auditions. Nothing like jumping in with both feet.

Michael had an interesting first week as well – he’s not supposed to tell us all that goes on with discipline issues, but suffice it to say there are a lot of stupid kids in college. They may have all kinds of book-learning, but when it comes to basic common sense, they are coming up short.

Both Michael and Amy found this blog post insightful, considering all the extra-curricular activities going on around them: Christ Did Not Die for You to Do Keg Stands I highly recommend it for anyone with a college student.

I have already informed Rebecca that going away to college is not for her. She’s just going to stay home forever. You can imagine how well that went over.

I wanted one nice picture. One. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so... Thankfully they got it together at the last minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!