Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Random Thoughts

I have had it with my iPhone correcting “y’all” to “talk.” Cut it out! Y’all is a real word for crying out loud.
 
I've also had it with winter, which means I’m with 99% of everyone living in snowy states.

I have no idea what’s wrong with the other 1%.

Thankfully, the temps have been in the high 40’s and nearly hit 50 yesterday. Which means I can see grass!

Never knew how much I loved grass.

I love grass more than potholes. But alas – it is the season of mud and potholes in Michigan.

Rebecca said she hoped it wouldn’t snow again – but I know better than to get too excited about real spring weather. We’ve seen snow in April.

Since moving here, I don’t get really excited about spring weather until May.

In two weeks we’ll mark 10 years of living in Michigan. That is hard to believe.

As an anniversary present, Chick-fil-A announced it is building not one but two stores in the Great Lakes State! They’ll be an hour from me, but still. Only an hour to that yummy chicken goodness.

Man, I’m going to rack up the miles on my car…

Did you hear about Vodafone’s new maternity leave policy? New moms will have 16 weeks of paid maternity leave, and for the six months following her return to the job, will be allowed to work 30 hours and receive full-time pay.

Huh. A private company, making a choice for what is best for them to retain talented women after they have children.

Guess putting faith in the free market isn't such a dumb idea after all.

I tried to let go of that third rail, but I just can’t seem to…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!