Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Rules were made to be altered

When we first got the new dog home, Rebecca made a detailed list of dos and don’ts and posted it to the fridge. One of the biggies she was adamant about was keeping Dakota off the couch.

I got around this rule by letting him on the chair with me. (No, I was not surprised at all when my children tried to wiggle around the rules. They learned from the best, unfortunately.) Rebecca shook her head at me and said, “Mom, we really can’t let him do that, and she made a new rule: Don't let him on the furniture. 

Well, let me tell you, the few minutes I had him on my lap is NOTHING compared to what I’ve seen around here in the last week:


Dakota in the school chair:

Dakota on the family room chair:
Mind you, this is the same chair I got in trouble for having him in. The. Same. Chair.

Dakota in the chair. AGAIN!
Dakota on the couch:

When I asked her about her change of heart, she said, "It was a dumb rule to start with."

Turns out, I wasn't breaking the rule - I was just blazing the trail! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!