Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Seventh time’s the charm?

Seven drop-offs. We've done seven college drop-offs. Four for Michael, three for Amy. And while I didn't end up nearly comatose at Wendy’s this past Saturday after drop-off #7, which is what happened after drop-off #1, I must say it was no barrel of monkeys.

But it’s hard to be sad when the girl is doing so well. We left her in her new place with wonderful friends (hey Midge!). She’s enjoying her studies and is looking forward to the various extra-curricular activities that come with being a musical theater major. I mean, how selfish would I have to be to want her back home. With me, her mom, who’s loved her all the days of her life.

Okay, I’m a little selfish…

We've got one more Amy drop-off and then four for Rebecca. Maybe by the 12th I'll have this “new normal” thing down.

Here’s to the girl’s junior year. And a belated happy 20th birthday. Amy-girl, you’re a joy! 
We celebrated an early birthday with everyone at a Lansing Lugnuts game. 
Junior year - new room. 
I forget that it's impossible to get them to just smile at the camera.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!