Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I am out of Diet Coke.

I'll give you a moment to let that sink in. Out of Diet Coke. Not just any Diet Coke, caffeinated Diet Coke. And I am about to fall asleep.

I knew I was out this morning. I thought, "This is no big deal. I'm not affected by the caffeine anyway." Ha ha, I laugh at myself. I am indeed affected by the caffeine. I have found caffeine is what keeps me awake, what keeps me alive! I am in great need of fully loaded, caffeine-packed Diet Coke!

I do have Diet Coke without caffeine and let me just tell you it is not the same. That isn't keeping me from sucking it down but it is definitely not the same.

Want to know something funny, in that odd, not really funny kind of way? The closest Kroger is 15 minutes away. How badly do I want my fix? Bad enough to round up three kids who are playing nicely, quietly, stuff them in the van, drive 15 minutes, buy Diet Coke, buy at least $75 more I'm not planning to buy, stuff everyone back in the van, drive 15 minutes back home, just to sip some liquid gold...

I am concerned I may need medical help.

No, no, I am not going to Kroger. My plan for the week has me shopping tomorrow. I have work to do here and running to Kroger (which isn’t as convenient as it once was for me) doesn’t fit in this afternoon. But you can be sure tomorrow I will be stocking up on the beautiful, silver-labeled, Atlanta-made, 2-liter bottles of my drink of choice.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:53 PM

    You really need to stock up on some LARGE quantities of this liquid gold so that you NEVER run out again!! Perhaps you need a backup case of cans. If I could, I'd have run to the store for you today. Hope you survive another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget Diet Coke, move on to Coke Zero. It's fantastic. I drink Coke Zero almost exclusively in my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Since I can't tell the difference between Diet Coke with or without caffein, any Diet Coke will do. Linda's idea about a backup case of cans sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!