Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Love/Hate Relationship with Tupperware

Tupperware is a fabulous invention, and all the little plastic containers that stuff comes in are great to wash out and reuse. But how to store all those various bowls and tops?

For a long time I've only stored them as complete sets: each bottom had its top and non-matching items (an abandoned top or bottom) was relegated to the dreaded "bottom drawer." And I was quite sure I had the best system. This way you never found the perfect sized bottom, only to find no matching top. I've been exasperated with my mother on many occasions for storing the pieces separately. I could never find the right top to go with the bottom I'd picked to store the leftovers.

But now I've finally done it; I've separated the tops from the bottoms. I bought a basket to put the tops in and stacked the bottoms together, and freed up two badly needed drawers. So far it's working for me. Of course, it's only been two days.

Now I'm just waiting for the "I told you so" from my mom. It certainly isn't the first thing she's been right about, and I know it won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!