Wednesday, January 04, 2006

So much for that resolution

Well, I already blew my only resolution of the year - to write more often in my blog. I've thought of writing lots of different things and I'm always coming up with interesting (to me, at least!) titles of some witting thing I'd just jot down, quick as a wink.

Welcome to reality.

The Christmas break was a wonderful time to reconnect with family and friends and completely ignore all my normal responsibilities since we were gone for 10 days. No real cooking, very little laundry, no school work to plan or grade. It was heaven.

But this week hit me in the face and hard. The girls went back to school on Monday and Michael went back today. Michael has to finish a funnel format essay and the topic he picked, Why Cars are Important to Everyday Life, seems a bit vague and odd all at the same time. Ugh. I am already ready for summer break.

And I'm knee-deep in laundry, I haven't gotten the Christmas decorations put away, all the wonderful gifts that were given to us over the holidays are in piles in the piano room and I still haven't made it to Kroger yet. All of a sudden I'm reminded of the Calgon, take me away ads. I always thought those very weird until right now.

If you made any resolutions I hope you're sticking with them! And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!