Thursday, June 22, 2006

15 Hours and Counting Down

Well, the house is clean, but I have to admit it is a bit cluttered now. And unfortunately I don’t have any kids running around to pin the blame on. Of course, the fact that I’m a pile-er is not news to anyone. As a matter of fact, when I called my Mom to tell her of my amazingly clean house she asked what happened to my piles. Nice…

Anyway, this is my last day in MWWK and I must say I am sad to see it end. I love my kids but I have thoroughly enjoyed my week alone. I’ve had several people ask, “Aren’t you just dying to get the kids home?” And I answer, “Oh, yes; I’m counting down the minutes until Friday morning.” I only say that because the first time I answered truthfully (“Hell, no.”) I got the most unbelievable stare, and my neighbor just walked away.

I got a letter from Amy today and she sounds great. She met several friends and listed all their names. Four of the nine names were Maddie. I toyed with naming Amy Madeline; glad I didn’t now!

So I’m down to my last few hours and what am I doing? Working on my family photo albums. I love working on them but am horribly behind. Like six years behind. Right now I’m trying to get caught up on 2002. I had to start there because I can hardly remember what the heck we were doing in the pictures from 1999. I think I’m just going to shelve those for now and perhaps come back to them when Rebecca goes to college.

I’m hoping to finish a few more pages before Sean gets home. We’re going out for dinner again tonight. I cooked dinner two nights and we ate out last night. I figured 50/50 is a decent split. And even though I said Sean would have to pack his own lunch this week, I did end up packing it for him. I really wasn’t such a big deal since the only other lunch I was making was mine.

Oh, well. Tomorrow I’ll be making lunch for four again (Rebecca’s not coming home until Sunday) and we’ll get back in the routine of family life.

I'm sure they've had a good week. Well, I hope so, because I've already marked down the day in January, 2007 when I can sign them up for camp again! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!