Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Home Again

Well, all the little Duffys are home again. I picked up Amy and Michael last Friday and Mom brought Rebecca home to us on Monday. It was a long time to not be the five Duffys; it felt good to be together again.

Michael and Amy loved their camp. As soon as I picked her up, Amy was trying to teach me all the songs she learned and the hand games she’d mastered. I’m still having trouble with, “Boom, snap, clap” but I’m getting the hang of it. And the songs. Oh, the songs. Will they ever end? I doubt it. The biggest problem with the songs is they are so dang catchy that I can’t get them out of my head. The one going through right now is, “Let me see your lifeguard … I’m tan, I’m cool, don’t you pee in my pool.”

Besides the games and songs Amy loved the horses. She got to ride an hour each day and she said it was the best time of her life. I really did think the whole horse thing was going to be a phase. I was very, very wrong.

Michael liked his counselor and he certainly enjoyed spending days on end playing basketball. When I picked him up, the b-ball guys and some dads were playing a game called “Lightening.” Michael came in second and he shot really well. It was fun to see him doing well and having a great time, too.

Mom’s report about Rebecca’s week at camp was just as great as her siblings’. She loved basketball, art and her counselor but didn’t like swimming or karate. The first because she got water up her nose; the later because she hurt her foot. But she hasn’t stopped talking about her new friend, Courtney. Courtney doesn’t go to church and that really bothered Rebecca. Courtney has made it to the top of Rebecca’s list at prayer time. Well, not the tip-top; that spot will always be reserved for Anthony. Man, we pray for that boy all the time! (And I pray for his Mom, too. And his brother and sister. We do love that family.)

Anyway, all the Duffys are back together again, and while I enjoyed my quiet week, I am glad to have us all under one roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!