Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

I can’t believe it’s been a week since our stay at the llama farm bed and breakfast. I’ll post some of our pictures and let them do (most) of the talking.


The sign greeted us as we drove up the driveway. Notice the two llama heads on the sign! And the sign clearly states it's a llama farm, so all of you who didn't believe me can read it for yourselves!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this picture of Rhett and Scarlett. It was displayed in the common room near a replica of Tara, the O’Hara home. (This is all from Gone with the Wind – please don’t even tell me if this is new information to you.) The Topliffs, the inn keepers, both grew up on farms but when they married they moved to suburbia. A few years ago they decided to move back to farm country and named their farm Topliffs’ Tara, a nod to the great book because, as Gerald O’Hara states: “Why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for, because it's the only thing that lasts.” Makes me want to go read the book all over again!



This wall hanging greeted us after we climbed the three flights of stairs that took us to our room, the Attic Treasures room. The room itself was fine -- king bed, private bath – but it was not a treasure to me because it had no air conditioning. And wouldn’t you know it, the first time the temperature in Lansing hit above 80 was the weekend we were staying in the un-air-conditioned Attic Treasures room. Suffice it to say the attic was steamy, and not in the good, married sort of way.

And now, here are pictures of the llamas:

Here is one of the llamas' pastures. It really was a pretty setting.





I liked this one.

Sean liked this one.

All in all we had a good time. And while I don't think we'll be going back to this particular B&B it was certainly a memorable experience!

Many thanks go to my Mom for coming up to watch Amy, Rebecca and Michael. And lots of thanks to Sean for planning a fun weekend. I hope we can do it again soon. Only next time I'm hoping for a hotel that has air conditioning ... and no llamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!