Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who needs pressed pants, anyway?

What a day Rebecca and I have had! After we dropped Michael and Amy off at school we headed to Meijer to pick up a few things (okay, Diet Cokes). Rebecca convinced me we needed caramels to make caramel apples. Man, when’ she’s 16 and looks at Sean with those eyes she’s going to get a brand new car, I just know it. We then spent part of the morning visiting friends.

By the time we got home it was a bit before noon and we’d done zero school work. I was ready to get her started on her phonics when she said, “Mommy, don’t you want to make a ladybug?”

Actually, no. I’m not a big arts and crafts fan. And I really wanted to get her school work done so I could fold and iron the huge baskets of clean clothes that have been screaming at me for several days.

Just as I was about to say, “No,” I found myself saying, “Sure, babe. How do we do it?”

So for the next two hours we created lady bugs out of paper plates and construction paper. We also learned how long it takes a full bag of caramels to melt (“Forever!” according to Rebecca) and we made caramel apples.

I still have several loads of laundry in their baskets and the kitchen is a mess, but I made a paper plate lady bug and caramel apples. I’m pretty sure I’d rather wear a wrinkled shirt than to have missed this day with Rebecca. I certainly hope Sean feels the same!








I did learn how to set my camera's automatic timer -- Rebecca was definitely impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!