Thursday, March 01, 2007

I guess I have to stop using the, "I just had a baby" excuse...

Can someone please tell me how in the world my baby girl turned seven last week?

The day started out early – my Mom took Rebecca and Michael to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts while the rest of us slept a bit. But by the time they got back she was quite ready to open her presents. So at 9 am we were ankle-deep in wrapping paper, bows and ribbon because we have a very, very generous family. Gifts came from her grandparents, aunts and uncles and several great aunts and great uncles. And Rebecca enjoyed each gift.

We let the kids pick a place to go for lunch on their birthdays and Rebecca picked Wendy’s. She asked her friend Chloe to go with us. We were quite the sight in the Wendy’s: a family of five, a friend, and grandparents, all talking and laughing and having a great time. It is good to be seven.

After lunch we got to go to the eye doctor because Rebecca’s glasses were in! A seven year old couldn’t ask for cooler frames: purple with hearts on them!

And then it was bowling time. We had two lanes, one with bumpers and one without. I should have picked the one with bumpers… I’ll just leave it at that.

It was a fabulous day. She had a great time and we had a great time watching her have a great time.


She may have been the one opening presents, but I was the one enjoying three of the most precious presents in the world.

Sean took the day off and it was a good thing because I don't think Rebecca could have waited until 7 pm to open her presents!









1 comment:

  1. Since your family is so generous, I thought I'd let you know my birthday is April 27... :)

    Just wait until the baby is 40 and a giant of a deputy sheriff...well, maybe not that, but my baby brother's babies aren't even babies any more! Yikes!

    Anyway, I've never seen a better batch of grins!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!