Thursday, June 28, 2007

We Made It

They're in Florida, all checked in at the Lord's Boot Camp, sweating like nobody's business. Thanks for all the prayers concerning the missing bag. Thanks to one (and I mean one - I dealt with three others) Delta employee who actually cared that I get the big red bag, it arrived last night at 8:50. I rushed it over to Merritt Island (about 45 minutes away), left it with the front desk, walked out, and cried like a baby. All the stress of getting there and getting the bag and leaving my kids … it all hit me like a ton of bricks.

I think one of the hardest parts for me is that I know how hard Boot Camp is. They are going to work their tails off and they’re going to do it in miserable conditions. It’s hot. It’s humid. There’s no air conditioning. It rains. They’ll sleep in tents that will be wet thanks to the rain. It is, in a word, miserable.

And yet, it is wonderful! The weeks I spent there remain some of the times in my life. So as the Mom, I am concerned for their comfort. As an FTM (former team member), I am jealous they get to have all that fun!

Here are a few pictures from our registration day. More updates to follow.

I took this picture after we'd been there a few hours. Check out Amy's red face.

This is Julie and her son, Brenden a good friend of Michael's from Atlanta. They'll get to be tentmates at BC.


A look at all the stuff.



Amy's leader, Mr. Bob, was wearing my favorite Boot Camp shirt -- the words "Pamper Camp" are in the circle.

Did I mention it was hot?



This is a shot of most of Michael's team. The woman in the blue shirt is his head lady leader. Somehow I missed her name, but I do know she's from Alaska.

A last look at Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!