Friday, July 20, 2007

Letter from Amy!

Yeah! We got a letter from Amy! She said it is really hot in Belize but that the mosquitoes aren't as bad as Florida. She also talked about her new tent mate, Sandra and said they've settled in well. She said she's losing her voice... of course, the mother in me kicked right in and all I could think was, "I hope she's not getting a cold, or anything worse!"

She did say she is really missing us. While I don't want her to be homesick, I'm glad to know she hasn't forgotten us.

She send a prayer request list:

"1. Heat
2. Homesickness
3. Mr. Samuel - really annoying"

(I met Mr. Samuel and I must agree.)

I'm assuming she wants us to pray they hold up well in the hot weather and that she doesn't get too homesick. And let's pray she figures out a way to learn to appreciate Mr. Samuel. (I'm going to pray Mr. Samuel quits annoying my daughter...!)

Thanks so much for continuing to pray for her. It means the world to us to have your prayers going up on her behalf.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Hi Christy

    I am the mom of the boy behind your daughter Amy in the team picture. I was so happy to come across your blog. I have only received a postcard from boot camp and it didn't say a whole lot. So any news of the team is appreciated. TMI hasn't posted anything since the 17th - It's driving me a crazy.

    Just wanted to say thanks and will add Amy to my special prays along with my son Travis.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!