Monday, July 30, 2007

Only Six More Days!

One week from today I will be the happiest Mommy in the world! Just one week from today Michael and Amy will be back in my care and I cannot wait. Eight o’clock in the evening, one week from today…

I mentioned that to someone at church yesterday and she said, “Wow, the summer really flew by, don’t you think?” Um, NO! But I am hoping this week goes quickly because I cannot wait to hug my little ones.

After I picked Michael up from his first trip with Teen Missions his boots smelled so bad I stopped the car and made him leave them by the side of the road. I can only imagine how bad four boots are going to smell.

No new news from Amy’s team. I am continuing to hope no news is good news. And we still haven’t heard anything, not one single thing, from Michael. When I see him next week I’m going to have serious words for him if I find out he didn’t write one stinking letter. TMI says they make the kids write one letter a week, but Julie hasn’t heard from Brenden yet, either, so that’s giving me hope the problem is with the postal service and not our sons.

Here are two verses I read this morning:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Romans 8:26-27

Thank goodness for the Holy Spirit; I hardly know what to pray these days.

Anyway, only six more days until my babies are back. Yeah, yeah, yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 PM

    What an encouraging verse.(I needed that this week) You are so faithful to leave your children in God's care. I hope this weeks flies by and that you cherish your time with Rebecca, Sean and with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!