Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just call me Eeyore

I have been in a lousy mood for several days now. This is unfortunate timing because it has, quite possibly, been the most stress-free week in recent history. Amy’s away at camp (that factor alone caused my stress level to plunge 90%), we’re not doing any school and my calendar was clear. I should be living large but instead I’ve been moody and grumpy and it’s not even the time of the month when I can get away with that.

Sean took Rebecca to a car show this afternoon so I had a bit of time to myself. I went on-line to hear a few shows of Steve Brown Etc. that I’d missed. As I was listening to his most recent offering I scanned the list of future guests and lo and behold I saw my pastor’s name: Friday, 06.27.08 - Guests: Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck - Authors of Why We're Not Emergent (By Two Guys Who Should Be).

I got so excited for them to be on Steve Brown’s show that for a few minutes I forgot my crummy mood and actually felt happy. I emailed Kevin and Ted, told them how excited I was for them and that I’d be listening. My spirit lightened tremendously.

After finding that bit of good news I went on Ted's blog and laughed out loud at one of his posts; it seemed my mood was finally turning.

Then Sean walked through the door and showed me the movie he picked out for our in-home date tonight: The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson (yuck) and Morgan Freeman. I know he only picked it because Morgan Freeman plays Batman’s gadget go-to guy... And before anyone berates me for not appreciating that my husband went to the trouble to get a movie, let me assure you this is not the first dud he's picked out. He is in serious danger of losing his Blockbuster privileges. (Don’t even get me started on the 3 ½ hour-long Jack and the Beanstalk he picked out for family night. Even the kids said we should shred his video card after that disaster.)

I can feel my mood slipping again…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!