Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My-er, #2

I couldn't pass up the chance to share with you a response I received concerning my first Meijer post. I am withholding the author's name, although I honestly think he needs his own blog because he is consistently funny in a P. J. O'Rourke-kind of way. And the world needs more of that kind of funny:

Christy,

Thank you for supporting our locally owned grocery/general merchandise vendor. I hope you enjoy browsing the selection of Chinese manufactured goods and salmonella-laden produce.

Over time you will surely find Meijer to be a competent supplier of at least average quality products. Congratulations for joining me in a thriving, proximity-driven-demand relationship with Meijer where we have the privilege of exchanging U.S. currency for food.

If your Meijer's layout is similar to ours the attached will expedite the surrender of funds.

P.S. Chutney should be in aisle 10.


3 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh! We need to be able to enlarge this picture!

    Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh... I don't know why some of the pictures can be enlarged and some cannot... do you? I'm open for suggestions!

    I'll try to post it a bit larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's more visible now, especially if i use the computer's zoom.

    Pictures turn up un-enlargeable on my blog all the time too -- JUST lately i've been selecting the pic to upload and then using the "open" button, instead of merely double-clicking the chosen picture, and that seems to creating "live" (enlargeable) images. May be just coincidence though! And i can't get the computer to do anything else normal at the moment!

    Funny - is this a real meijers layout or some other carries-everything-except-
    -orthopedic-surgery megastore?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!