Friday, June 27, 2008

No More eBay Buying for Me

I’ve been perusing eBay lately, buying and selling. Selling is quite easy – lots easier than I anticipated. So far I’ve only sold a few school books and one coat but each transaction went smoothly, and I’m happy to say I have a 100% positive rating. Of course, I only have nine feedbacks, but at least they’re all green.

A few weeks ago I was at a brick-and-mortar store looking for some horsey stuff for Amy and Rebecca. I immediately thought, “I bet I can find this for less on eBay.” I came right home and found exactly (I thought) what I was looking for at a fraction of the store’s cost. I put in a bid, won the auction and received the riding crop today.

Can I tell you how incredibly disappointed I am?

The listing said the crop was brand new. If flaking leather (can leather flake?) and a water-damaged handle can be considered new then the description was perfect.

I quickly requested a return code and the company will offer me a refund, I’m sure. Only after I contacted the seller, however, I realized that by the time I paid shipping back to the company the shipping costs would be more than I’d paid for the actual crop.

Now the question is what kind of feedback do I leave? The order came quickly, so that’s a plus. Of course, the order is a piece of trash, so that’s a minus. I suppose I’ll go with neutral.

I should have bought the crop at Tom’s. And I think I’ll stick to selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!