Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Red White and Blue Bikini

I used to enjoy watching the Olympics. That all changed when I tried to watch with my 14 and 12 year olds.

Last night we were watching men’s synchronized diving – holy cow, how do they do that? I was in awe of the ways they moved their bodies and made so little splash as they entered the water. Truly amazing. But all Michael and Amy could see was the tiny bathing suits and what the suits were covering. If I heard, “Gross!” one more time I was going to banish them to the basement for the duration of the Games.

Sheesh.

There will be more bathing suits tonight as the women divers take the boards. I certainly hope we won’t have a repeat of the comments from last night. If we do then I am prepared to send my pre-teen and teen far, far away so I can watch the Games in peace.



Maybe I can have them jump off the platform.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Toledo! I was hearing the same thing last night - "What are they wearing, their underwear?"

    I was somewhat relieved they were all in bed before the Beach Volleyball came on. Last night's "uniforms" for the Americans (Yes the announcer actually called them that!) were white! It totally looked like undergarments! How do that not pop out of those things while lunging for the ball in the sand?!

    Of course, I am an Olympics junky. I love all the personal stories about the athletes, and I'm always routing for someone. So, I guess I better brace myself for more comments from the peanut gallery around me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you about the "uniforms" for the volleyball players! But man, they can flat play ball!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!