Monday, August 11, 2008

Prom Date

Several friends have posted pictures from the reunion on their Facebook pages. (Yes, I have a Facebook page; I may be 38 but I’m with it. Is that still a saying?) As I was looking at some of the candid shots I noticed my prom date from 11th grade. I totally missed seeing him.

Our date was not exactly storybook material. We decided to go together because neither of us was dating anyone and we didn’t want to go stag. So one afternoon as we walked together between the orange lockers bemoaning our nonexistent love lives (ah, the trials of 17 year olds), we decided to go together.

I remember liking his car, a red Honda Prelude (yes, Sean knows and has forgiven me) but being miffed that he didn’t open my car door. My dad wasn’t wild about that fact, either.

Anyway, I’m sorry I missed him. I hope he’s doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!