Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some days the Psalms come to life

Often the sky up here is just amazing. The blue is so blue and the clouds so amazingly white and cotton-y... as I drove home from church this afternoon I was mesmerized by the wonder of the sky. I took this picture from our deck and it doesn't do the beauty justice.

I think the years I spent in the haze of Atlanta make me appreciate the clear, clean sky here. And Psalm 19:1 means that much more to me now.


Psalm 19:1

The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

4 comments:

  1. We've been enjoying some incredibly beautiful blue skies here, too. Adriana (co-worker) said that the winter sky is always this intense shade blue. I'm just glad that although they do have the occasional gray day, the percentage of sunny days is much greater. Sunshine makes such a difference in my overall outlook on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 PM

    I think you're overlooking how FLAT it is up there and the fact that your houses are built where farms once stood. If we clear cut our trees, we'd have a beautiful sky too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing God is to share his creation with us, just at those times when we need to rmember how great He is and how small we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,

    If you clear-cut your trees you'd see your nasty neighbors and miss me so much more... I say go for it! :-)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!