Friday, October 03, 2008

More Shoes

This is from the night of Palin's big speech at the convention:


She's got it all: brains and good shoe sense. That's a politician I can get behind.

And speaking of shoes, here's my latest acquisition:


















I don't know what's gotten into me... I think my shoe gene was suppressed for the past 14 years when all I've done is buy shoes for little people. But a few months ago I was at DSW, shopping for yet another flat, convinced I couldn’t wear heels. This pair of hot pink pumps caught my eye and before I knew what came over me I tried them on, fell in love and bought the suckers. I had never before worn heels like that, much less in hot pink patent leather.



The shoe-lover in me was unleashed, and ever since I’ve been on the look-out for fabulous shoes that don’t cost an arm and a leg. (When we were in Chicago we saw shoes for $600-1000! There’s no way I could spend that much on a pair of shoes – that’s more than my grocery budget for the month!)

So I have two fabulous pairs of shoes and I think more will be joining our happy shoe family soon. After all, I’ve got 14 years of boring shoe purchases to make up for.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 PM

    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!! They are smashing. We may be in the minivan stage of our lives but we aren't DEAD YET! (Amy played great! Tell her congrats) MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to type, you go girl, but alas I am to late. I'm left to say, " Beast!"

    I'll live vicariously through you! ;-)

    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill,

    Looks like you're up TOO late!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MG -

    Your shoes were pretty cool tonight... maybe I need to make a shoe blog! I'm sure you have a few dozen I could talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Finally, a look a the shoes that made you know who you know what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HG -

    Sorry it took me so long to post a picture of the infamous pink shoes. They still work, by the way.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!