Friday, October 03, 2008

More Shoes

This is from the night of Palin's big speech at the convention:


She's got it all: brains and good shoe sense. That's a politician I can get behind.

And speaking of shoes, here's my latest acquisition:


















I don't know what's gotten into me... I think my shoe gene was suppressed for the past 14 years when all I've done is buy shoes for little people. But a few months ago I was at DSW, shopping for yet another flat, convinced I couldn’t wear heels. This pair of hot pink pumps caught my eye and before I knew what came over me I tried them on, fell in love and bought the suckers. I had never before worn heels like that, much less in hot pink patent leather.



The shoe-lover in me was unleashed, and ever since I’ve been on the look-out for fabulous shoes that don’t cost an arm and a leg. (When we were in Chicago we saw shoes for $600-1000! There’s no way I could spend that much on a pair of shoes – that’s more than my grocery budget for the month!)

So I have two fabulous pairs of shoes and I think more will be joining our happy shoe family soon. After all, I’ve got 14 years of boring shoe purchases to make up for.