Thursday, October 02, 2008

Election Overdose

Well, I watched the debate between Palin and Biden and I have to say I am over it. Over. It. It felt like I was watching two children on the playground throwing around insults like, "My dad can beat up your dad."

Palin, for her part, held her own. No deer in the headlights look, which was good. She did a good job. Biden looked every bid the seasoned politician he is, which, I'm sure, is why he was selected.

For me, I'm just tired of it. Nobody's opinions are being changed at this point. Heck, I heard a young college student say yesterday she was voting for Obama simply because he's "cool." I think it's time we started restricting who can vote. Like, you have to have a job and know what FICA is before you can cast a ballot.

I must say, though, that if McCain wins I look forward to seeing what other rocking shoes Palin wears.


I'm on quite a shoe kick myself these days. I just got the coolest black heels... but I digress.

1 comment:

  1. In the paper this morning I read that the ACLU has a campaign, by-partisan they say, to sign up new voters. Can you guess where? In the jails!

    Of course, once you're convicted of a felony, you lose your right to vote. But if your sitting in jail, accused of a felony and awaiting trial, the ACLU wants to make sure you're registered and have the right to vote! Maybe we should eliminate the absentee ballot option!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!