Monday, November 10, 2008

Here we go again

Last week I was wearing capri's. Today I'm wearing long underwear. Welcome to winter in Michigan.
Indian summer was in full force last week. Beautiful sunny days with temperatures in the upper 60’s and lower 70’s conned me into believing that maybe, just maybe, this will be the winter where snow doesn’t come. I know, dumb beyond words. But the weather was so lovely last week! No heavy coat needed, no slushy parking lots, no shoveling of the drive… it was wonderful. And it was November! Forgive me for hoping.

On the up side, I won the family contest of When Snow Will Come. Amy and Rebecca guessed late October, Sean and Michael were in late November but I guessed November 7, a mere two days early. Woo hoo! (Hey, when you’re the Mom who, by definition, is always wrong, you’ll take little victories anywhere you can.)




2 comments:

  1. Christy:

    I am soooooo jealous of your snow! We miss the snow so much. Perhaps we could work out a trade --- I'll send you a bottle of Florida Sunshine and you can send some wonderful Michigan cold :)

    Love,
    TKettel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come on up! We're supposed to have a mix of rain and snow tonight and tomorrow. Sounds like a good time to head south for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!