Thursday, December 18, 2008

Classic Amy

As we were going over our schedule for Friday I reminded Michael and Amy that they have Sound of Music practice. They’re working on the party scene where the von Trapp children sing, “So Long, Farewell.” In addition to playing a Nazi and a nun, Michael and Amy are also party guests, thus they have to learn to waltz. Amy’s got it; Michael, not so much. Reminds me of when Sean and I took ballroom dancing lessons (stop laughing). Sean can play the piano like nobody’s business but the boy has no rhythm in his feet. We were hopeless failures at dance class, so as I’ve been trying to teach Michael it feels like the nearsighted leading the blind.

Anyway, as we were talking about practice Amy comes out with this classic: “You know, I like being a party guest way more than I like being a nun.” Oh my. We rolled on the floor laughing. Of course Amy likes being a party guest more! She gets to laugh and dance and talk with friends. When she’s the nun she has to be quiet and sing in Latin.

I’m fairly certain that falls under the, “Kids say the darndest things” category.

1 comment:

  1. Amy's comment is classic! :-)

    Ivan and I were dance class failures not once, but TWICE. Because our collective memory is terrible, we forgot how bad we were the first time (the teacher had us dancing off in a separate area so we wouldn't keep bumping into the others) and we subjected ourselves to it a second time. BUT the last class only had six students and we were in a very large facility, so the danger of knocking people over wasn't as great.

    We were practicing at home one day when Tina had a friend over. They were back in her room and at one point the friend asked Tina, "Are your parents fighting?" and Tina said, "No they're practicing dancing." hahahaha Bumping into all the furniture apparently sounded like a knock-down-drag-out fight to her friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!