Monday, December 22, 2008

This is nuts

When we go on trips our modus operandi is I get the kids all packed and we take our suitcases to the car where Sean packs the vehicle. That was the plan for tomorrow as well, but we heard another snow storm was headed our way so we decided to leave this evening. Therefore, instead of TeamPacker I am Packer Queen. Sean’s still at work and I'm trying to get us ready so as soon as he pulls in the driveway we can hop in my car and head out. And I am not happy. Not. Happy.


This is crazy - I am loading the car with wrapped present for our children which I will then haul back here after they've opened them. My pleas to Sean to let us open our presents first and not take them to Georgia have fallen on deaf ears. But now that I am Packer Queen I’m dangerously close to having the kids open their presents right now so I have room for, oh, our suitcases.


I’m no Miss Cleo but I sense a change next year.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Falalalala, lalala...

    LOL!

    Have a great time anyway - (I hope the kids all have SMALL presents this year)!

    Merry Christmas!

    BTW, when do you come back to the nether regions?

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    If you have a smidgen of free time (and don't necessarily need to sleep), please call us! We'd love to see you. And maybe if you start small, Sean will come around. Perhaps next year you can open the present that least needs to travel -- perhaps the largest or something they won't wear/play with/use while you're travelling?

    Love all y'all!
    /tlr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess leaving the presents and not opening them till you get back AFTER Christmas is unthinkable! 8~) There's also having them choose one (or 2?) to take and leave the rest? Ha ha, yeah, i know...

    I think one reason my brother and his Mob come for an after-Christmas visit, is that bringing all their stuff from home for Christmas Day would be literally not possible. If you're even able to get a family of 5 in one big car or van WITH all the gifts, you're showing gift-buying restraint that i wish my bro and his wife would learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not opening until AFTER Christmas... NO WAY!!! I couldn't stand it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Who's "Miss Cleo"? My computer blocked her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amity!

    Miss Cleo's a psychic. What software screening program do you use? It's sounds pretty tough!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!