Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm still here

Big thank you’s to everyone who called or emailed, asking if I had fallen off a cliff seeing as I hadn’t posted since Wednesday. (But not to the Chef for his very snarky “Test” comment. Not funny. Okay, actually it was.) The Sound of Music performances are this week and we went a little nuts trying to cram enough schoolwork in last week so Michael and Amy can be ready for the long, long practices this week. I should have known things were going to get crazy seeing as I thought I had everything under control. That really should have sent shock waves through me, but I so desperately want to be on top of things that I was lulled into a sense of semi-consciousness. At least, I thought, I wasn’t sick like so many folks around me.

That was until, today. I woke up not feeling great. We had dinner plans and I hated to cancel them but I knew I needed to nip this cold in the bud. I had a few things to do at church this morning but as soon as we got home I went to bed. And slept for six hours. When I woke up I panicked because all the things I needed to do to get ready for Monday slapped me in the face and I turned into a Tasmanian devil, a gazillion thoughts racing through my head, fingers furiously typing email after email, sending Sean to the store to pick up what the kids needed for practice, frantically trying to climb up the mountain of responsibilities that I am, even in this craziness, grateful to have.

By the time I figure out time management my kids will be grown and gone.

All that to say, thanks for caring. And please send your good vibes to Michael and Amy as they prepare for their performances. I know my Nazi and his sister the Nun will appreciate it. And be watching for pictures to come.


Speaking of pictures, here’s one I took Saturday of Rebecca and Sean. Rebecca loves to match Dad. Of course, Dad’s sweatshirt is from the 1980's...

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were not feeling well yesterday morning. So here is an even bigger thank you for your concern for me considering how you were feeling. I hope you feel better and I'll be praying for Michael and Amy and your whole family in the craziness of this week. Can't wait to see it on Thursday!!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying right now that you'll be feeling better before this big week is out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Hang in! See you Thurs. night for the big show ♥ (It's been far too long!)
    MG

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!